Frequently Asked Questions
Who should use the WebPurify Photo Moderation Service?
Anyone who is in need of easy-to-implement, live, fast, and efficient photo moderation or sorting services. Our solution can be used to moderate or filter any web-hosted photo including avatars, profile pictures, contest entries, photo album pics, etc.
How does the WebPurify Photo Moderation Service Work?
- You may use our turnkey criteria and begin submitting photos right away or contact WebPurify to create custom moderation criteria. Alternatively, if you are only concerned with detecting nudity, you can utilize our Automated Intelligent Moderation Service (AIM).
- Simply submit the URL for an photo to our HTTP web service.
- Our team of experts or AIM Technology will quickly moderate your photo.
- The results of our moderations will be returned to you in real-time or via a callback URL you provide.
How does WebPurify compare to using crowd sourcing solutions?
- A significant concern for many of our clients is the exposure of their photos to an unscreened freelance worker who can easily capture and disseminate it with no liability. Privacy in this space is extremely important. With the WebPurify Photo Moderation Service, our trained workforce moderates all photos from our secure office 24/7.
- Many of our clients have arrived at our solution after being disappointed with crowd sourcing solutions. With quality control being nearly impossible, error rates are quite high causing clients to resubmit the same photo multiple times which impacts costs.
- It is difficult to achieve consistent results with crowd sourcing solutions since guidelines for the unscreened freelance workers such as “nudity” or “sexually explicit” are interpreted differently. With crowd sourcing, the client’s only control over training is the ability to provide written guidelines to the potential moderators. People of various ages and cultures around the world may screen photos reviewed for these criteria very differently.
With WebPurify, we will explore and clearly define your custom criteria with you so that we may effectively train our team for your specific project.
- Managing workers requires significant overhead and time. The WebPurify Photo Moderation Service eliminates this burden for our clients, providing a simple “fire-and-forget” solution.
Can you annotate photos for Computer Vision projects ?
What criteria do you use to moderate photos?
By default our live team rejects photos that contain our turnkey criteria:
We define this as any photo that may:
- contain nudity or partial nudity
- portray hate or hate crimes
- contain violence
- contain offensive gestures or language (English Only)
- contain drugs, drug paraphernalia, or drug use
- appear blank or broken
However we also provide custom solutions, please email email@example.com
Our Automated Intelligent Moderation service scores photos based on the probability that they contain nudity.
How long does is take for a photo to be moderated?
Our live team moderates photos within 5 minutes, 24×7, 365 days a year. Over 90% of requests are returned in as fast as 2 minutes. Our Automated Intelligent Moderation service delivers results in real time.
Who performs the live moderation?
Our very qualified in-house team that is prepared to handle your requests 24/7 365 days a year.
Can I use a combination of your live and automated solutions?
Sure, AIM can be seamlessly integrated with WebPurify’s live moderators so that photos with a high probability of nudity are automatically identified before reaching the team.
How can I test the service during development without having to pay for moderations?
We provide two methods for testing. One for testing accuracy and the other for testing integration.
We provide 100 free moderations for new accounts. Simply sign up for a free trial and integrate our service into your app or use your web browser.
Testing Your Integration:
Our sandbox method, webpurify.sandbox.imgcheck, can be used to verify that your integration is working correctly. All photos submitted to our service using this method will bypass our live moderators and be moderated automatically (randomly). The service will hit your callback URL to complete the process. It is important to know that this call may result in false positives as it is bypassing our moderators and simply verifying a successful connection.
More questions? contact us.