Frequently Asked Questions
Which video formats do you support?
Currently we support the following file types: mp4, flv, and webm. More information can be found in our documentation.
Why wouldn’t I just have my own team moderate our videos?
Remember that we moderate videos within 1 hour of submission, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. It would be extremely expensive to provide this kind of coverage with your in-house team not to mention the distraction from your project’s focus. We are in the full-time moderation business so let our highly trained moderation team take on this responsibility for you.
How does the Free video moderation trial work?
You can submit up to 5 minutes of video to our live moderation team to be reviewed for our live team turnkey criteria. During your trial, you will have full access to your video moderation license so you can familiarize yourself with the setup and test the accuracy of the moderation.
There are no set up fees or hidden costs. Your trial license will simply stop working once you have used your 5 free minutes of moderation time.
If you wish to demo our artificial intelligence video moderation services please contact sales.
How does WebPurify compare to using a crowdsourcing solution?
- A significant concern for many of our clients is the exposure of their videos to an unscreened freelance worker who can easily capture and disseminate it with no liability. Privacy in this space is extremely important. With the WebPurify video Moderation Service, our trained workforce moderates all videos.
- Many of our clients have arrived at our solution after being disappointed with crowd sourcing solutions. With quality control being nearly impossible, error rates are quite high causing clients to resubmit the same video multiple times which impacts costs.
- It is difficult to achieve consistent results with crowd sourcing solutions since guidelines for the unscreened freelance workers such as “nudity” or “sexually explicit” are interpreted differently. With crowd sourcing, the client’s only control over training is the ability to provide written guidelines to the potential moderators. People of various ages and cultures around the world may screen videos reviewed for these criteria very differently.
With WebPurify, we will explore and clearly define your custom criteria with you so that we may effectively train our team for your specific project.
- Managing workers requires significant overhead and time. The WebPurify Video Moderation Service eliminates this burden for our clients, providing a simple “fire-and-forget” solution.
How am I billed?
If using our Turnkey Live team you may purchase video moderation time in 60-minute increments. Once a video is moderated, the length of that video is deducted from your account. We round up moderation review times to the closest 5-second mark. You will receive an alert when you have just 10 minutes of moderation time remaining in your account or you may set your account to alert you at any remaining time you prefer. Alternatively, you can set your account to automatically be charged for more video moderation time when you reach a pre defined threshold.
Are you billing me for the actual length of the video or the time it takes to moderate it?
Although it may take our moderators longer than the actual video length to moderate it due to possible pausing, rewinding, or escalating for additional review, we only bill you for the length of each video submitted.
What criteria does your turnkey live team use to moderate videos?
By default our our turnkey live team flags videos that contain our standard criteria;
We define this as any video that may:
- contain nudity or partial nudity
- contain sexually suggestive behavior
- portray hate or hate crimes
- contain violence
- contain offensive gestures or language? *English Only*
- contain drugs, drug paraphernalia, or drug use
- appear blank or broken
Other Language Label: If a video complies with our visual moderation criteria but contains languages other than English, we will label it as “Other Language.”
However we also provide custom solutions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What criteria does your artificial intelligence check videos for?
Our Automated Intelligent Moderation (AIM) service returns a score indicating the likelihood of the following being present in frames of video:
- Offensive Gestures
- Medical Drugs
- Embedded text
How long does is take for video to be moderated?
Our turnkey live team returns results in as little as 1 hour, 24X7, 365 days a year. Depending on your needs, custom projects can offer even faster return times. Our artificial intelligence service returns results in minutes or even seconds depending on the video length.
How can I test the service during development without having to pay for moderations?
We provide two methods for testing. One for testing accuracy and the other for testing integration.
We provide 5 free moderation minutes for new accounts. Simply sign up for a free trial and integrate our service into your app or use your web browser.
Testing Your Integration:
Our sandbox method, webpurify.sandbox.vidcheck, can be used to verify that your integration is working correctly. All videos submitted to our service using this method will bypass our live moderators and be moderated automatically (randomly). The service will hit your callback URL to complete the process. It is important to know that this call may result in false positives as it is bypassing our moderators and simply verifying a successful connection.