A profanity search and replace method. Returns the number of profane words found and the submitted text with profane words replaced with symbol provided. If the text is clean 0 (zero) is returned.
- Your API application key.
- the text you want checked for profanity.
- the symbol you want to replace each letter of the profane word with.
- Set equal to 1 to wrap the return text in <![CDATA[ ]]>
Use this if you plan on passing strings that may break XML (ie "<" and "&").
- the 2 letter language code for the text you are submitting.
More information on languages can be found here.
- treat email addresses like profanity. set = 1
- treat phone numbers like profanity. set = 1
- treat urls like profanity. set = 1
- To include our reponse time in the result. set = 1
- Response format: xml or json. Defaults to xml.
Example XML Response
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <rsp stat="ok"> <method>webpurify.live.replace</method> <format>rest</format> <found>1</found> <text>**** you</text> <api_key>api_key</api_key> </rsp>
100: Invalid API Key
- The API key passed was not valid.
101: API Key is inactive
- The API key passed is inactive or has been revoked.
102: API Key was not included in request
- this method requires an API Key.
103: Service currently unavailable
- The requested service is temporarily unavailable.
104: Rate limit exceeded
- You have exceeded the number of simultaneous requests for your license.
Please go to: http://www.webpurify.com/pricing to see the limits for your license.