Protect your vBulletin Forum from profanity for less than 10¢ a day.
Filters user comments for profanity using the WebPurify Web Service before they are inserted into the database. Replaces each letter of profane words with a "*". You need to have a license key to make use of the WebPurify Web Service. We use these keys to track API usage and to identify your custom filters. Once you purchase a key, you will be able to create custom "blacklists" and "whitelists" in addition to managing your keys.
Tested with vBulletin 4.0
3. Upload file located in the "upload" directory in this zip to your forum. /includes/functions_webpurity.php
4. Import the Product into vBulletin
- In the Admincp -> Plugins & Products -> Product Manager -> Scroll to the bottom and select "Add/Import Product".
- Click browse and select the product file "product-webpurify_profanityfilter.xml" in this zip
5. Setup WebPurify Settings
- Go to Admincp -> Settings -> Options -> WebPurify Profanity Filter Options
- Setup your API key, Language Preference and Replacement Character